Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What I'm Up To

To avoid being long-winded, I'll attempt to break down the time in between into chunks. Martial Arts wise, I've gotten back into the swing of things, as noted previously.

I thought I'd be out of luck regarding quality Martial Arts training when I decided to come over to help a friend of mine in Oregon, especially since the town in which he was staying was a small town of Sherwood. Little did I know, however, I'd end up striking gold.

Until the day of my actual departure; and a few days into my arrival, had been scouting for grappling gyms in reasonable proximity to the town in which I'd be staying in; Google lead me to Team Quest.

I had a friend/old instructor of mine tell me about them when he visited them some years ago, and raved about their clinch game. I got a second recommendation from another friend/instructor of mine, saying, "their pedigree can't be questioned."

I've been going to a nearby branch in Tualatin, OR, I initially enrolled into their grappling program; then upgraded my program to include all disciplines offered. My journey there, so far, has given me new life, and perspective in the Martial Arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment